Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Superman-Tim from 1947

We lose color today in order to present an extremely rare Superman story! The first time I ever heard of SUPERMAN-TIM was in Overstreet's Price Guide in the mid-seventies. For the whole story on this little known series, go here.

As "Robby Reed" put it on DIAL B FOR BLOG, "Reading them is like finding a whole ’nother Man of Steel in a parallel universe. In these stories, Tim uses the “Whirlaway Watch,” a device he invented with Superman to travel into the past and explore different cultures and civilizations firsthand. Not even Jimmy Olsen's famous signal watch could do that!"














2 comments:

Collin Stoltz said...

THAT is fun as heck.
I would buy the crap out of a reprint of this stuff.

BMitch said...

I recently discovered the October 1947 edition of Superman-Tim in my basement. This comic is in great condition and I was wondering if you had any additional information on this comic. I would love to hear more about it. My email is brenmitch7@gmail.com.

THANKS!