Thursday, May 9, 2019

Anniversary Coming!


Coming up in early June will be the 9th anniversary of FOUR-COLOR SHADOWS. What I'm hoping to do is to run a week's worth of reader requests. What would YOU like to see? Feel free to recommend certain characters, certain eras, genres, artists, writers, publishers, etc. Try to keep your requests to public domain stuff, please. Yes, I know we don't always do that here but even the non-PD stuff we post is generally relatively obscure. 

If you're wanting a specific story, please give as much info as possible and I'll see if I can track it down. 

If we get seven requests, we'll run seven days of requests if possible. If we get more than that, I'll run seven I can find. If we only get one or two, I'll probably lie and tell you we got seven anyway. What the heck? You'll never know. ;P

5 comments:

バーンズ エリック said...

OK, I'd like to request a story from Goldkey RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT called 'Ravens of Doom'. If it's the story I think it is (I just did some cursory internet research) it starts with someone somehow being saved by ravens & then building them a giant rookery... and it all goes downhill from there, ending in World War I & the finish of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. Again, if it's the story I think it is, my oldest brother had it in a book collection in the 70s though I guess it could have dated to the 60s.

The gauntlet has been thrown, sir.

バーンズ エリック said...

Oh, and I'm curious to see the Chic Stone LSD story 'Blood Bath' but I don't know how extreme that gets and whether you'd want to post it...

Booksteve said...

That creeped me out more than anything back in the day! Stone's "clean" art made it even more mind-blowing! I do have it. We'll see...

top_cat_james said...

*"Stevie Teevee" from DENNIS THE MENACE #49 March 1961 Fawcett
(A favorite from childhood - Vaguely unsettling)

*Anything from THE CLOSE SHAVES OF PAULINE PERIL #1-4 1970-71 Gold Key
(Obscure title I've always wanted to see)

*"Brawl in the Family!" from SPOOF #2 November 1972 Marvel
(Eh, I don't know why - I like the comic strip parodies at the end)

wmeisel said...

This stuff isn't public domain but I'm always interested in Sheldon Mayer (particularly Red Tornado) and Genius Jones.